Saturday, September 17, 2011

Time to re-define the "Critic"

Hello all,  my name is Figarobello and I am an active musician.  I have done so many wonderful performances and had such beautiful experiences only to find the local critics have blasted our performances.  Hell, a local critic in NYC who has rarely set foot on the stage blasted Thomas Hampson for his performance at the Met.  And frankly, I just don't see the need for such negativity in the arts.  I want to start a blog where I can share my experiences as a performer and as an audience member and show the world the beauty of the arts.  I just moved to St. Louis, MO where there is a lot happening in the music and performing arts scene.  Plus, I have many plans to make my way to Chicago and NYC where I will be catching many performances and discussing my experiences.  I hope you all enjoy my blog and we'll see you at the theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment